[U-Boot] question regarding the odroidc2 board support

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Tue Jun 27 11:58:46 UTC 2017

Greetings Lukasz

> Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 10:57 AM
> From: "Lukasz Majewski" <lukma at denx.de>
> To: daggs <daggs at gmx.com>
> Cc: u-boot at lists.denx.de
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] question regarding the odroidc2 board support
>
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:55:21 +0200
> daggs <daggs at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm using buildroot to generate images for the odroid c2 boards and
> > from what I see, it uses u-boot.bin to burn into the image. I'm not
> > seeing any other uboot product that is used for booting (unless I'm
> > mistaken). I'm reading the odroid c2 readme file and I see it
> > instructs the use to burn a alternative u-boot.bin from the one that
> > was created by the env. I wonder how it is possible to actually use
> > newer uboot when in the end uboot recommends to replace u-boot.bin
> > with pre existing one?
>
> From the spec I do see that C2 has SD card and eMMC.
>
> I can only share my experience with Odroid XU3/U3.
>
> The boot process would (probably) require some signed blobs from
> hardkernel (those binaries are corresponding to u-boot-spl.bin).
>
> I can recommend looking to Hardkernel forum (they should have some
> topics dedicated for this SoM), or look for tizen.org wiki:
>
> https://wiki.tizen.org/Quick_guide_for_odroidxu3
>
> I hope, that the boot flow is similar for XU3 and C2.
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dagg.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Lukasz Majewski
>
> --
>
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk

indeed that is correct, the c2 has a singed binary.
as said in my mail, I'm using buildroot to create my images, at the end buildroot takes the file u-boot.bin and burn it into the image at a specific location.
the c2 readme explains how to extract the signed blob but I'd expect that it will overwrite part of the u-boot.bin file and no replace it.
so I assume I'm missing a part. e.g. u-boot.bin isn't the only file needed from u-boot. am I correct?

Thanks.

Dagg.