[U-Boot] Targets with xHCI but without DM_USB

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Jun 29 05:45:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

as you might have noticed, Bin Meng is currently greatly improving
the U-Boot xHCI support. While doing this, he noticed that some
additions are more complex and especially ugly to add, since some
users of the xHCI support have not enabled CONFIG_DM_USB. This
adds ugly #ifdef's, which we really would like to avoid. Because
of this we checked, which boards exactly are using xHCI without
DM_USB enabled. Here a complete list of all the boards:

ls1012ardb_qspi_SECURE_BOOT
ls1021atwr_nor_SECURE_BOOT
am43xx_hs_evm
am57xx_hs_evm
ls1021aqds_nand
ls1021atwr_nor
ls1021atwr_qspi
cm_t43
ls1021atwr_nor_lpuart
ls1021aqds_sdcard_qspi
k2hk_hs_evm
am43xx_evm
ls1021aqds_qspi
am57xx_evm_nodt
k2g_hs_evm
ls1021atwr_sdcard_qspi
am43xx_evm_ethboot
ls1021aqds_sdcard_ifc
k2l_evm
am43xx_evm_usbhost_boot
am43xx_evm_qspiboot
k2g_evm
am57xx_evm
ls1021atwr_sdcard_ifc
cl-som-am57x
k2hk_evm
k2e_evm
ls1021atwr_sdcard_ifc_SECURE_BOOT
ls1021aqds_nor_SECURE_BOOT
k2e_hs_evm

So I'm sending this mail to you, the maintainers of the boards above
and would like you to check, if you can enable DM_USB for these
boards. This would be great, as it would bring the xHCI support into
a much better state, with only DM_USB enabled.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Thanks,
Stefan