[U-Boot] Targets with xHCI but without DM_USB

Vignesh R vigneshr at ti.com
Thu Jun 29 06:41:21 UTC 2017

Hi Stefan,

On Thursday 29 June 2017 11:15 AM, Stefan Roese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as you might have noticed, Bin Meng is currently greatly improving
> the U-Boot xHCI support. While doing this, he noticed that some
> additions are more complex and especially ugly to add, since some
> users of the xHCI support have not enabled CONFIG_DM_USB. This
> adds ugly #ifdef's, which we really would like to avoid. Because
> of this we checked, which boards exactly are using xHCI without
> DM_USB enabled. Here a complete list of all the boards:
>
> ls1012ardb_qspi_SECURE_BOOT
> ls1021atwr_nor_SECURE_BOOT
> am43xx_hs_evm
> am57xx_hs_evm
> ls1021aqds_nand
> ls1021atwr_nor
> ls1021atwr_qspi
> cm_t43
> ls1021atwr_nor_lpuart
> ls1021aqds_sdcard_qspi
> k2hk_hs_evm
> am43xx_evm
> ls1021aqds_qspi
> am57xx_evm_nodt
> k2g_hs_evm
> ls1021atwr_sdcard_qspi
> am43xx_evm_ethboot
> ls1021aqds_sdcard_ifc
> k2l_evm
> am43xx_evm_usbhost_boot
> am43xx_evm_qspiboot
> k2g_evm
> am57xx_evm
> ls1021atwr_sdcard_ifc
> cl-som-am57x
> k2hk_evm
> k2e_evm
> ls1021atwr_sdcard_ifc_SECURE_BOOT
> ls1021aqds_nor_SECURE_BOOT
> k2e_hs_evm

For TI platforms, there is some work needed to convert xhci-dwc3,
xhci-omap and xhci-keystone to DM (under drivers/usb/host)

But the bigger concern of enabling DM_USB is with gadget framework,
which is not DM compliant yet. There is a significant amount work[1][2]
there before dwc3 gadget can be moved to DM and we can enable DM_USB.

[1]https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2017-June/296081.html
[2]https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2017-June/295370.html

--
Regards