[U-Boot] STM32F429 u-boot

bruno schwander bruno.schwander at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 07:21:18 UTC 2017

Anyway I can ask this on the list ? My message is still awaiting moderation
or fell in the spam folder...

> Hi all,
>
> I am bringing up u-boot on a new custom board with STM32F429 cpu. To
start, I modified the stm32f429 discovery board files by adding the proper
gpio, size and address for the external DRAM, also the dram timings and
USART gpio pins used
https://developer.arm.com/open-source/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads

> I am able to load u-boot in flash with openocd, and I am able to debug
with a jtag adapter and gdb. I am able to step through the initial
functions of u-boot, set breakpoints and examine memory. Until I hit
strange things.

> I can step into arch_cpu_init () at arch/arm/mach-stm32/stm32f4/soc.c,
then into configure_clocks () at arch/arm/mach-stm32/stm32f4/clock.c . At
that point, the clocks are setup by writing a few registers, and as soon as
I leave this function, instead of returning to arch_cpu_init() I end up in
mAlloc() in dlmalloc.c .

> Anybody has some clue about what could be going on ? Any hint or
suggestion on how to figure this out would be welcome.