[U-Boot] Ethernet not detecting on Odroid u3

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 09:54:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:44:26 +0530
Anand Moon <linux.amoon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Siarhei/Jaehoon
>
> On 14 March 2017 at 14:31, Jaehoon Chung <jh80.chung at samsung.com> wrote:
> > On 03/14/2017 04:52 PM, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:

> >> Hello again,
> >>
> >> Anand Moon, considering no reply to my post, do I understand it
> >> right that you are actually not very much interested in getting
> >> this particular problem resolved in U-Boot?
> >>
> >> These ODROID problems are relatively simple and don't require any
> >> special skills or considerable efforts to resolve. The only issue
> >> is that apparently almost nobody uses the mainline U-Boot on this
> >> hardware and nobody gives rats about having it usable out of the
> >> box.
> >>
> >> I only have an ODROID-X board, which is a rather early and
> >> short-lived revision. Again, if you or anybody else could step in
> >> and take care of testing the fixes on other ODROID boards (X2 and
> >> U3), then we could get ODROID boards working properly in the next
> >> U-Boot release.
> >>

> >> Jaehoon Chung, you seem to be listed as the current nominal ODROID
> >> boards maintainer. But you don't seem to be doing anything other
> >> than just making promises to check various things and then
> >> disappearing for months/years:
> >
> > Actually, i had forgotten this mail...When i check the patches, first i'm looking at patchwork.
> > And I'm remembering what i do and need. Right, it's my mistake for forgetting it.
> >
> > Disappearing for months/years? If i decided to do nothing, i might not reply anything to u-boot mailing list.
> > If you send the polite reminding ping mail, maybe i will really apologize to you. but now i don't have those mind.
> > You're regarding to me like nothing to do...
> >>
> >>     https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2017-January/277954.html
> >>     https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2015-October/231023.html
> >
> > I can't access this URL,,so i don't know what you added..
> >

> >> Could you please explain what's going on and what are your plans
> >> regarding ODROID boards support in U-Boot?
> >
> > I'm preparing to covert to DM from legacy..For converting DM, I'm doing step by step for samsung SoCs.
> > Goni -> Universal210 - > Trats -> Trats2 -> Odroid also..
> > You can see my patches for goni, universal210, trats..
> >
> > I'm not sure this problem is fixed or not..if you want to fix it, i will do it..but not right now.
> > I keep going my current task..
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Jaehoon Chung
> >

> I might have missed early email. I would like help resolve this issue
> and investigate on the inputs you have shared.

You can just clone my git branch:

   git clone -b 20170306-unbreak-odroid https://github.com/ssvb/u-boot.git

Then compile it and try to boot on your ODROID-U3 board. Check if it
boots and if the Ethernet is working properly. And finally report
the results. If it works, then I will send cleaned up versions of
these patches to the U-Boot mailing list.

Thanks!

Siarhei Siamashka