[U-Boot] password for u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 13 19:53:01 UTC 2017

Dear necib yassine,

In message <CACwNpUfgvaqn2cxa95k7168hXV-ksvffhfzmy3bZfkv4ppnWyw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Is there any way to set up a security (for instance password...) either any
> users cannot handle u-boot environments variables ?

Re password: you want to read doc/README.autoboot, especially the
section about CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_STOP_STR

re not changing the environment: there is actually a zillion ways to
access the environment - not only from U-Boot, but also from an OS
or with other tools (say, a JTAG debugger).  You need a better
protection than just a password for the serial console if this is
really a concern.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.