[U-Boot] powerpc 4xx support

Cédric Le Goater clg at kaod.org
Wed Nov 15 07:58:50 UTC 2017

On 11/14/2017 07:21 PM, Ivan Mikhaylov1 wrote:
> hi everyone, I saw that powerpc 4xx cpus were removed from powerpc cpu tree with this commit
> 98f705c9cefdfdba62c069821bbba10273a0a8ed
> powerpc: remove 4xx support

That was quite a cleanup !

> I can help to maintain this tree with further support and needs. As I understood reason of this
> removal was change to Kconfig. Anything else should be done? In this case what process should be?
> 1. get cpu 4xx before removal

I don't think you would want to re-add support for all
the cpus or all the boards. Just pick the ones you will
maintain for IBM needs.

Some recently added cpu/boards can serve as an example
to organize your patchset.

> 2. do the migration to kconfig

yes and also probably refresh some of the important drivers,
clk, sdram, reset, watchdog, etc.

You might want to add a device tree.

> 3. send patches via uboot mail list

yes definitively.

> something like this ?
Does QEMU support such cpu/machines ? It would be good
to contribute some models if it is not too much work.

Thanks,

C.