[U-Boot] U-Boot AM335x board.c `ethaddr` changes.

Roger Quadros rogerq at ti.com
Tue Nov 28 10:49:35 UTC 2017

Duane,

On 28/11/17 10:07, Duane Leslie wrote:
> Roger,
>
> I’m not clear on the correct way to report bugs in U-Boot, but the change you signed off in https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/commit/f411b5cca48f0eee9443b85e7b75a46356bd2327 disabled the setting of the `ethaddr` environment variable in the SPL Build meaning that it is no longer possible to produce a version of the SPL capable of performing and ethernet network boot.

You could just report on the u-boot mailing list, (now in cc).

> I’m not sure what the preferred solution is but I have modified my version so that `ethaddr` is set to the `macid0` value as follows the ROM ethernet boot, and I don’t know what the URNDIS ROM driver uses but I loaded `macid1` into `usbnet_devaddr` as a placeholder.
>
> It’d be nice to have an official solution to this especially since it allows remote device recovery of IoT products over ethernet (no host PC required).

Could you please post your patch to the u-boot list. Then hopefully someone (Lokesh?) will suggest if anything better can be done. Thanks.

--
cheers,
-roger

Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki. Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki