[U-Boot] Commands to use U-boot in fpga

Lukasz Majewski lukma at denx.de
Fri Oct 27 10:58:28 UTC 2017

Hi Ammu,

> Hi,
>
> I am new to U-Boot and I want to use it for dumping linux to a sparc
> processor (leon2) which I have implemented in Spartan 3E fpga. Is it
> possible?

First you need to check if the architecture on which you run u-boot is
supported (sparc?).

There are some IP soft cores supported in u-boot:
arch/nios2/
arch/microblaze/

Regarding SPARC:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-sparc.git;a=summary

But if I remember correctly it has been removed recently.

However, if you want to re-add it for your platform -> patches are as
always welcome :-)

> This is to implement a router code in my processor.

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de