[U-Boot] Commands to use U-boot in fpga

Ammu Lakshmy ammulakshmy91 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:15:16 UTC 2017

Architecture is LEON2 and is supported by U-Boot.
But the steps involved in my work are

*1. Implement LEON2 processor in FPGA(Spartan3E or any other fpga)*
*2. Deploy OS in that processor.*
*3. Implement a router on that processor with OS.*

First step is possible as I have the HDL code of LEON2. I can implement it
on spartan3E.
Are the next 2 steps possible with U-Boot?

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Lukasz Majewski <lukma at denx.de> wrote:

> Hi Ammu,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to U-Boot and I want to use it for dumping linux to a sparc
> > processor (leon2) which I have implemented in Spartan 3E fpga. Is it
> > possible?
>
> First you need to check if the architecture on which you run u-boot is
> supported (sparc?).
>
> There are some IP soft cores supported in u-boot:
> arch/nios2/
> arch/microblaze/
>

> Regarding SPARC:
>
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-sparc.git;a=summary
>
> But if I remember correctly it has been removed recently.
>
> However, if you want to re-add it for your platform -> patches are as
> always welcome :-)
>

> > This is to implement a router code in my processor.
> >

> Best regards,
>
> Lukasz Majewski
>
> --
>
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk

Thanks & Regards,
Ammu Lakshmy R.
M.Tech. VLSI Design
VNIT, Nagpur