[U-Boot] mv88e61xx autoneg doesn't work with new driver

Clément Péron peron.clem at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:56:23 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

> Does that mean with this commit reverted your board is working?
Yes, it's fixed the auto negotiation.

> I have some older boards using a 88e6097 (compatible with 88e61xx).
> I've been looking for an excuse to get them working against the latest
> u-boot. Last time I tried the new 88e61xx driver was also problematic
> but I ran out of time to look into why. I'm travelling for a couple of
> weeks at the moment but when I get back I can try them out with the
> newer code.

I ran into other issues because i don't have a hw GPIO to reset the chip
and the sw_reset doesn't reset all the registers.

Also the get_phy_id is called before the hw_reset so if the indirect
SMI is disabed
you won't be able to read the phy_id.

Let me know if you have trouble

Clement