[U-Boot] Disable axp209 auto start

Chen-Yu Tsai wens at csie.org
Fri Sep 22 03:46:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Florian HESLOUIN
<florian.heslouin at zimdeo.fr> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm using an Allwinner A20 board (Olimex Lime2) with U-boot 2017-09. I'm
> looking for a way to disable board auto start when DC is plugged in.
>
> Is there any device tree trigger or patch to be used against sunxi u-boot
> source code  ?
>
> I was patching sunxi_board_init() with a custom function but it does not
> work so well any more, any advices  ?

AFAIK this is a hardware feature. There is no way to disable it.

The only thing you can do is do an early check to see if it was turned on
by pressing the power button instead of connecting an external power source.
If it was automatically turned on via external power, you then ask it to
power off. This is what most tablets/phones do anyway.

ChenYu