[U-Boot] FAT filesystems and mtools-created filesystems

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 20:27:22 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Tuomas Tynkkynen
<tuomas.tynkkynen at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 09/23/2017 01:26 PM, Tuomas Tynkkynen wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> FAT file systems created by GNU mtools have a problem that mtools doesn't
>> initialize the first cluster field of the '.' and '..' directory entries.
>> That is, with the following script:

Sorry for the delay, I've been travelling.

I'll have a look at this.. leaning towards moving sanitize_path() from
efi_file.c into fs/fat, since we don't have an infinite stack to store
parent ".." entries.

Definitely would be good if you could send a patch to add this to
test/fs/fs-test.sh

> Oh, and unrelated to the mtools problem, '..' entries leading to the root
> directory need fixing in the current code, as itr->is_root needs to be set.

Hmm, I thought I fixed this once, but I guess only for fat32..

BR,
-R