[U-Boot] u-boot Boot issue about rk3188

Heiko Stübner heiko at sntech.de
Mon Sep 25 10:29:14 UTC 2017

Hi Andy,

Am Montag, 25. September 2017, 17:45:03 CEST schrieb Andy Yan:
> On 2017年09月22日 13:56, Heiko Stuebner wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 22. September 2017, 08:50:49 CEST schrieb Andy Yan:
> >> Hi Heiko:

> >>       I finally can boot it with the rock_defconfig. But the way to
> >>
> >> package the tpl spl u-boot a little different.
> >>
> >>       cat ${DIR}/out/tpl/u-boot-tpl.bin > tplspl.bin
> >>       truncate -s 1020 tplspl.bin
> >>
> >>      sed -i "/^/{1s/^/RK31/}" tplspl.bin
> >>      cat ${DIR}/out/spl/u-boot-spl.bin > spl.bin
> >>      truncate -s %2048 spl.bin
> >>      cat spl.bin >> tplspl.bin
> >>
> >>      Then the tplspl.bin + u-boot.bin should package by
> >>
> >> boot_merger(tplsplb.in for FLashData, u-boot.bin for FlashBoot) from
> >>
> >> rockchip downstream u-boot repo:
> >>      ./tools/boot_merger ./tools/rk_tools/RKBOOT/RK310BMINIALL.ini
> >>
> >>      download to emmc by "upgrade_tool ul" command. According to our
> >>
> >> bootrom code author, the rk31(maybe include rk30) bootrom has a
> >> limitation that the idbblock
> >> couldn't accessed by upgrade_tool wl command.
> >
> > I do have a script handling that [0]. At least for the sd-card variant
> > a simple "openssl rc4" works just as well as the legacy boot_merger :-)
> >
> > Heiko
> >
> > [0]
> > https://github.com/mmind/u-boot-rockchip/commit/81458bde873d6cf588e082ccf
> > 556e818f46ad9df
>     Is there a way to download the out that generated by[0] to
> emmc/flash? It seems that the upgrate_tool can't access 0x40 of the
> emmc/nand on rk3188.

you have the @rock-chips.com address, so I'd guess you might even have
the better resources to find out ;-)  .

In any case, as I said I haven't looked at all at the internal storage on
my radxarock so far.

But as the rk3066 and rk3188 are so similar I've added Paweł.

@Paweł: you had uboot starting from nand on your rk3066 board, maybe you
could describe how you wrote it to the board so maybe Andy can check if
he needs to adapt anything?

Thanks
Heiko