[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] u-boot-sunxi/master

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Wed Sep 27 15:34:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 12:33:06PM +0000, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 12:31:16PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > Here is a pull request for the sunxi related changes for the next
> > U-Boot version.
> >
> > The diffstat is a bit scary, but mostly because of the Kconfig
> > migration of the USB ethernet related options, which were enabled by a
> > big number of boards. The fastboot options simplification is also one
> > of the offenders.
> >
> > This is my first pull request ever, so I might have done something
> > wrong, let me know if it's the case.
>
> Sorry, this is pretty broken:
> $ make O=/tmp/T sandbox_config
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/T'
> GEN     ./Makefile
> drivers/usb/Kconfig:1:error: recursive dependency detected!
> For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
> subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
> drivers/usb/Kconfig:1:  symbol USB is selected by ARCH_SUNXI
> For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
> subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
> arch/arm/Kconfig:674:   symbol ARCH_SUNXI is part of choice <choice>
> For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
> subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
> arch/arm/Kconfig:291:   choice <choice> contains symbol ARCH_SUNXI
> For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
> subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
> arch/arm/Kconfig:674:   symbol ARCH_SUNXI depends on USB_MUSB_GADGET
> For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
> subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
> drivers/usb/musb-new/Kconfig:11:        symbol USB_MUSB_GADGET depends on USB

Gah. Sorry for that. So much for slipping in a fix without testing
it...

I wonder why it's considered a recursive dependency though.

The situation seems to be:

            selects        depends
ARCH_SUNXI --------> USB <--------- USB_MUSB_GADGET

    +-------> USB_ETHER
     implies

USB_ETHER is implied only if USB_MUSB_GADGET is set, but that looks
like a directed graph without any loop, right?

Or am I missing something?

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons