[U-Boot] Ethernet problem with u-boot for APF27

Vincent P vparatte at digger.ch
Thu Sep 28 07:31:43 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

I have an APF27 and I have a problem with ethernet. I first did all the run
update correctly through a working tftp server (run update_uboot, run
update_dtb, run update_kernel and run update_rootfs). Then, when I restarted
the board, it was impossible to obtain files from tftp server. I can ping
from my computer to my virtual machin but not from my board to my virtual
machin. When I print the environement (printenv), the first line indicates:
addipargs=setenv bootargs ${bootargs}
p=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${gatewayip}:${netmask}:${hostname}:eth0:off

Moreover, the led on the swith and on the board for ethernet is not turned
on.
When I try run update_dtb for example, I have the following message:
FEC: Autonegotiation timeout
Using FEC device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.38; our IP address is 192.168.1.246
Filename 'apf27.dtb'.
Load address: 0xa000000
ARP Retry count exceeded; starting again

I tried with three different APF27 board that were working previously.
Therefore, it seems that it is a problem of the u-boot or a configuration
done later that turns off ethernet.

Does someone have any idea to solve this problem?
Thanks
Vincent

--
Sent from: http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/