[U-Boot] Patman - Submitting to mailing list

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 07:00:30 UTC 2017

Hi Duncan,

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Duncan Hare <dh at synoia.com> wrote:
> Get the following message from running tools/patman/pathan.py
> git: 'send-email' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
>
> What do I need to do? Duncan Hare

(I'm assuming your using some variant of GNU/Linux)

For Ubuntu (not sure about other Debian derivatives) most of the git
commands are in the 'git-core' package but send-email is part of the
'git-email' package so it could be an apt-get install git-email away.

Failing that is git installed at an odd path? Or did you install git
from source? I know git-send-email is implemented in perl so it
automagically drops send-email out when perl is not present at build
time.