[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.05-rc1 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Apr 3 00:33:36 UTC 2018

Hey all,

So it's release day and I've put up v2018.05-rc1.  The merge window is
now closed and I've updated git and the tarballs are also up now.

I'm sure my patch queue is in bad shape as I've been on vacation for the
last week (hence my relative silence).  I also am sad to report I don't
have any blurry fish butt pictures to share either.  I expect to clean
up my queue in the next few days.

I see that around v2018.03-rc1, I talked about taking the patches from
Daniel to enable -Werror in travis-ci builds, and I'm going to see how
close we are to that.  I think the biggest problem was getting switched
to gcc-7 and I think we have that available now.

I also now owe posting some patches to drop ARM STM SPEAR, m5253evbe,
mx31ads, and imx31_phycore.

Finally, we have a DM conversion for CONFIG_BLK coming due, and I need
to catch up on the thread that's been going on the last week and see
where everyone is at on the feasibility of doing this cut-off, and what
it means in very low memory situations too.

I will follow the usual rule of an -rc every other Monday
and we're looking at release on May 7th, 2018.

Thanks all!

--
Tom