[U-Boot] Marvell Armada-38x DDR training code

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Sun Apr 8 10:24:20 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

sorry for the late reply - I just returned from vacation.

On 04.04.2018 03:31, Chris Packham wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 4:01 PM, Chris Packham <judge.packham at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've posted a couple of improvements to the in-tree ddr training code
>> but we've known for a while that u-boot proper is a bit behind
>> Marvell's code for ddr training. And now I really do have a problem on
>> my board that is fixed by using Marvell's code.
>>
>> Yesterday I got hold of patches from Marvell for their "standalone"
>> mv_ddr code. It's under a tri-license Proprietary/GPL/BSD-3c so I've
>> exercised my rights under the GPL and made it available on github
>> https://github.com/cpackham/mv_ddr.git
>
> Actually looks like Marvell have their own official one
> https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/mv-ddr-marvell.git so
> there's no need for mine. I'll take it down to avoid confusion.

Understood.

>> This standalone code looks the most u-boot-ish of any code I've gotten
>> out of Marvell. In fact I suspect it was based on the work that Stefan
>> did initially.
>>
>> The question how do I get this upstream I could submit 475 odd patches
>> preserving the authorship, I could submit one big roll-up of changes.
>> Neither option is particularly appealing. It would be hard to narrow
>> down the subset of changes that fixes my particular problem.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Are you still interested in porting / pushing those patches into
mainline? I would very much welcome this. And yes, its not easy to
decide, how this should be done. Both options have some drawbacks.
Do you have a preference?

Thanks,
Stefan