[U-Boot] chiliSOM: USB bug

Marcin Niestroj m.niestroj at grinn-global.com
Fri Apr 13 09:42:31 UTC 2018

On 13.04.2018 11:12, sdrb wrote:
> Marcin Niestroj wrote:

>>> Sorry for misprint - SYSBOOT[4:0] pins are as follows: 00011.
>>
>> Unfortunately I can't reproduce this issue on my side with chiliboard.
>> It's hard to tell what could be the problem when using you board.
>> What RAM vendor is on chiliSOM you have on your board? Maybe there
>> DDR is not initialized with proper timing? Don't have other ideas for
>> now.
>>

> If I identified properly the chip it is Samsung.

We had an issue with Samsung DDR on chiliSOM with one of our clients
and his board. We have used a workaround patch to sleep between
DDR initialization and copying u-boot.img to RAM. If there was no delay,
then RAM memory was in undefined behavior, resulting in very strange
runtime errors. We used u-boot 2014.07 back then.

However I see that commit 69b918b65d11 ("am33xx,ddr3: fix ddr3 sdram
configuration") already addresses this issue, but in a different way
than we did back then.

So I have no idea now what goes wrong in your case.

--
Marcin Niestroj