[U-Boot] NDS32 toolchain?

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Apr 23 20:17:15 UTC 2018

Hey,

So I'm looking over my setups again at what we do and do not have build
testing and run-time testing, and I see that for nds32 I just cannot
find a good toolchain.  If I try for example
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/7.3.0/x86_64-gcc-7.3.0-nolibc-nds32-elf.tar.xz
it first fails on the -G0 flag that we have set in and then it complains
about a lack of position independent code support.  Is the kernel.org
toolchain perhaps configured incorrectly?

Related, is there a QEMU target for nds32 that we could leverage so that
once the toolchain issue is resolved we can update .travis.yml to run
tests on it?  Thanks!

--
Tom