[U-Boot] u-boot.dtb is not generated when enabling verified boot

Davis Roman davis.roman84 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 01:19:39 UTC 2018

Hi Fabio,

Thank you so much for responding. It's good to know that I'm not alone in
the world. :)

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with 2016.03 for the moment.

So I'm still having issues with getting verified boot to work. After
compiling and installing the new u-boot image on my board I noticed that it
bricked my board.

After lots of trail and error, I tracked it down to CONFIG_OF_CONTROL. When
enabled, u-boot refuses to boot. ( no output is shown on the serial debug
interface)

Since I'm using CONFIG_OF_SEPERATE, I suspect u-boot tries to read my
attached dtb blob however it's probably wrong.

So my dts file looks like this:

/dts-v1/;

/ {
model = "dummy";
compatible = "dummy";

reset at 0 {
compatible = "dummy";
};
};

I know that the properties 'model' and 'compatible' matter when in regards
to the kernel however u-boot is using the device tree just to hold the
public key so do they still matter?
For now I just set them to "dummy"

Secondly, I'm doing:

$ cat u-boot.imx my-blob.dtb > u-boot.imx.final

Do you see anything that stands out to you?

Thank you!

Davis