[U-Boot] u-boot.dtb is not generated when enabling verified boot

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:53:56 UTC 2018

Hi Davis,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 10:19 PM, Davis Roman <davis.roman84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Thank you so much for responding. It's good to know that I'm not alone in
> the world. :)
>
> Unfortunately, I'm stuck with 2016.03 for the moment.

Ops, not good.

> So I'm still having issues with getting verified boot to work. After
> compiling and installing the new u-boot image on my board I noticed that it
> bricked my board.
>
> After lots of trail and error, I tracked it down to CONFIG_OF_CONTROL. When
> enabled, u-boot refuses to boot. ( no output is shown on the serial debug
> interface)
>
> Since I'm using CONFIG_OF_SEPERATE, I suspect u-boot tries to read my
> attached dtb blob however it's probably wrong.
>
> So my dts file looks like this:
>
> /dts-v1/;
>
> / {
> model = "dummy";
> compatible = "dummy";
>
> reset at 0 {
> compatible = "dummy";
> };
> };

I suppose you are able to boot your board with u-boot.imx and now you
are trying to convert it to device tree.

I have never used verified boot and I don't know if verified boot
requires device tree. I would think it is not a requirement, but will
let others comment.

If you really need to use device tree, then you need to use a real
device tree file that describes your hardware.

> Secondly, I'm doing:
>
> $ cat u-boot.imx my-blob.dtb > u-boot.imx.final

Maybe you can take a look at this nice tutorial from Jagan:
https://openedev.amarulasolutions.com/display/ODUBOOT/Boot+Linux+on+Engicam+i.MX6