[U-Boot] Questions about loading U-Boot from ATF

York Sun york.sun at nxp.com
Thu Aug 2 21:07:15 UTC 2018

Tom,

Can you help me (or point me to the proper persons) to understand the
long term flow of booting ARMv8 U-Boot with ATF? We are trying to make
changes. As you may know, we have been booting U-Boot for NXP ARMv8
platforms from EL3 and drop to EL2 with an in-house ATF-compatible
monitor. I have seen some boards in U-Boot using SPL to load ATF. I want
to see a flow of booting ATF first, then load U-Boot as BL33 image. Has
any board done that?

York