[U-Boot] Ordering PCI device probes

Aaron Williams Aaron.Williams at cavium.com
Sun Aug 19 00:05:14 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to port our OcteonTX Linux NAND driver to U-Boot and am running
into an issue with ordering. We have a bch engine which consists of a pf and a
vf and uses SRIOV to activate the vf.

The problem is that the nand device is probed before the BCH engine is probed
and the NAND driver depends on the BCH driver.

In Linux, this is handled by having the NAND driver probe function return
EPROBE_DEFER which causes the probe function to be called later after all of
the other probe functions have been called. U-Boot does not use EPROBE_DEFER
so is there some other way I can do this or otherwise change the ordering of
the probes?

-Aaron