[U-Boot] [PULL 2018.09] efi patch queue 2018-08-21

Alexander Graf agraf at suse.de
Tue Aug 21 19:18:36 UTC 2018

On 21.08.18 19:42, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:31:41AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> On 21 August 2018 at 09:52, Alexander Graf <agraf at suse.de> wrote:
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> This is my current patch queue for efi to be applied for 2018.09.  Please pull.
>>>
>>> Alex
>>
>> I still think we should be reverting the offending patch rather than
>> patching on top of it.
>
> Given that, if I'm following right, the fix for this issue is some
> correct-by-inspection linker script fixes, I think it's OK to make the
> changes now.

Yeah, I think for x86 the only good way forward is to fix the linker
script issues, as the data/function section addition fixed real life
bugs with implicitly generated .rodata objects.

>> Are you able to apply my sandbox revert patch in this pull request?

I can't apply anything to this pull request anymore because it's signed.
I could do a new one, but I think it's easier to apply this one as is
and then apply your revert for sandbox on top.

Alex