[U-Boot] Query on FAT file system

Siva Durga Prasad Paladugu sivadur at xilinx.com
Thu Aug 30 02:56:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have below queries on FAT filesystem support in uboot. It would be really helpful if someone can provide some insight into these.

1.      fatwrite command is not able to write into subdirectories, but able to perform same ops on to root directory, its treating / as part of file name while trying to write into subdirs. Is there any otherway to write into subdirectories instead of using slashes or Is it a limitation/feature not supported in u-boot for writes to subdirectories in fat filesystem?

2.      Does fatwrite command support overwriting a file in root directory. For example if there is a file with name abc.bin in SD card and I perform fatwrite to SD with same filename as( fatwrite mmc 0 10000 abc.bin size).

3.      The FAT16 support in uboot was broken https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2018-July/335292.html Is it fixed now or any update on this would really be helpful.

Thanks,
Siva