[U-Boot] list files on tftp / large kernel-image

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 10:34:08 UTC 2018

Am 02.12.2018 um 10:33 schrieb Frank Wunderlich:
> can you give me an example how to download and display it, seems i only have tftpboot which runs kernel directly?
>
> also found no strings-command in https://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

=> tftp ${loadaddr} 192.168.1.1:list.txt
Speed: 100, full duplex
Using ethernet at ff702000 device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.1; our IP address is 192.168.1.101
Filename 'list.txt'.
Load address: 0x1000000
          12.7 KiB/s
done
Bytes transferred = 158 (9e hex)
=> strings ${loadaddr} 9e
dhcppkgstyle.xsl
dhcpstyle.xsl
favicon.ico
index.html
ldlinux.c32
list.txt
mini.iso
netboot.tar.gz
pxelinux.0
pxelinux.cfg
RJ45_5.JPG
RJ45_52.JPG
  ã(Ðå
=>

The 'strings' command has to be enabled under "Command line interface"
-> "Memory commands". It helps to show the contents, but not really for
scripting...

Simon