[U-Boot] Uboot File not found in MMC

Kasiviswanathan.Venkatakrishnan at us.fujitsu.com Kasiviswanathan.Venkatakrishnan at us.fujitsu.com
Mon Dec 3 15:43:24 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We are getting the below error when U-Boot is not able to find the file:

ext4fs_devread read outside partition 1953216

As shared below when we do a ext2ls of the partition the files are still there.

Thanks,
Kasiviswanathan.V

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkatakrishnan, Kasiviswanathan
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:17 PM
To: 'u-boot at lists.denx.de' <u-boot at lists.denx.de>
Subject: Uboot File not found in MMC

Hi all,

We are using U-Boot of version 2015.01 in one of our PPC boards. The development board has few FPGA's and its corresponding images are downloaded into the /boot partition from the linux prompt which is of ext2 type.

If we download new files to the /boot partition i.e when we update the FPGA images and reboot U-Boot is not able to identify the updated files from the /boot partition. But when we do a listing of the files in U-Boot it is shown as available.

We tried to change the partition type of /boot from ext2 to ext4 but still U-Boot is not able to find the files.

Is there any fix available for this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Kasiviswanathan.V