[U-Boot] SPL boot on linaro qemu

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Dec 14 21:33:20 UTC 2018

Does anyone happen to know why I'd see the following output when trying to
boot the latest uboot configs/omap3_overo_defconfig target's SPL in a SD
image on linaro's qemu?

U-Boot SPL 2018.09 (Dec 14 2018 - 15:15:38 -0600)
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices

After manually setting the boot device to have MMC1 and 2 in the list I see
the following which feels like something in the board init isn't getting
set.

U-Boot SPL 2018.09 (Dec 14 2018 - 15:15:38 -0600)
Trying to boot from MMC1
MMC Device 0 not found
spl: could not find mmc device. error: -19
Trying to boot from MMC2
MMC Device 1 not found
spl: could not find mmc device. error: -19
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices

I went back to some really old MLO and uboot from Gumstick and packaged
them up with my script.  I was able to boot that SD image, so I know the SD
make script and QEMU work.

QEMU launch
qemu-system-arm -M overo -drive file=sd.img,if=sd -serial stdio

mk img script
https://wiki.gumstix.com/index.php/Overo_qemu_script

Any tips would be much appreciated!
--

*Matthew Weber | Pr. Software Engineer | Commercial Avionics*

*COLLINS AEROSPACE*

400 Collins Road NE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52498, USA

*Tel:* +1 319 295 7349 | *FAX:* +1 319 263 6099

*matthew.weber at collins.com <matthew.weber at collins.com>* | *collinsaerospace.com
<http://collinsaerospace.com>*

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or
privileged information of Collins Aerospace and its affiliated companies.
If you are not the intended recipient, please 1) Do not disclose, copy,
distribute or use this message or its contents. 2) Advise the sender by
return email. 3) Delete all copies (including all attachments) from your
computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.