[U-Boot] MIPS (mt7688): EBase change in U-Boot breaks Linux

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Dec 17 09:13:12 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

On 14.12.18 22:31, Paul Burton wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 07:56:59AM +0100, Stefan Roese wrote:
>> So how to proceed? Should I enable CONFIG_CPU_MIPSR2_IRQ_VI or #define
>> "cpu_has_veic" to 1 as Lantiq does?
>
> ...and on that point in particular, it really depends on your hardware.
>
> You shouldn't need to do either of those things just to avoid this bug,
> but if your hardware actually supports VI or EIC then it may be
> beneficial to enable them.

Checking again, the MT7688 supports VI. config3=00002420, so VInt (Bit 5)
is set. But without CONFIG_CPU_MIPSR2_IRQ_VI being set, cpu_has_vint will
stay set to zero. So it seems that I need set CONFIG_CPU_MIPSR2_IRQ_VI
at least for this SoC (CONFIG_SOC_MT7620) if not even for all Ralink
based SoC's.

If nobody objects, I'll submit a patch enabling CONFIG_CPU_MIPSR2_IRQ_VI
for CONFIG_SOC_MT7620.

Thanks,
Stefan