[U-Boot] SPL debug messages (All of them!) - how?

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sat Dec 22 21:06:02 UTC 2018

Hi people,

I'm struggling trying to figure how to totally enable all of those nice
debug() statements so as to debug a problem in SPL. The CONFIG_LOGLEVEL
is set to 7, have also tried to all KCFLAGS=-DDEBUG but apparently it
has all no effect for SPL. So I'm asking for advice (and I'd definitely
like to not selectively prepend "#define DEBUG" all over the place)

Background: I'm trying to perform direct nand install on an A20
olinuxino board. That is, dismissing messy boot0 and boot1 in nand.
Currently, I've succeeded to get a good greeting from u-boot SPL,
declaring that it is going to proceed to boot from nand, but then all
stops forever:

U-Boot SPL 2019.01-rc2 (Dec 22 2018 - 22:15:16 +0300)
CPU: 912000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
DRAM: 1024 MiB
Trying to boot from NAND

I'd like to try to find the reason for this and certainly having all
those debug messages could help somewhat.

Thank you!

Regards,
Nikolai