[U-Boot] SPL debug messages (All of them!) - how?

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sat Dec 22 23:46:00 UTC 2018

Hi again,

23.12.2018 1:06, I wrote:
> mkimage signature not found - ih_magic = 0
> Jumping to U-Boot
> SPL malloc() used 0x0 bytes (0 KB)
> loaded - jumping to U-Boot...
> image entry point: 0x4a000000
>
> It looks like SPL loads 0x0 bytes of u-boot and runs it! Hmm,

It appears not zero size but rather zero-filled image is retrieved for
some reason, without I/O error, but still erroneously. Uhhh, apparently
there is no reasonably way to check if raw u-boot body image is valid or
not so SPL simply jumps there, and of course nothing usefull happens.

Now just need to see why the image is actually zeroed.

Besides, I've got a feeling that using a raw u-boot body, as per default
setup, is not really a good choice, since the diagnostics is essentially
missing and it also means an emergency second copy will not necessarily
help if the main file was e.g. erroneously overwritten.

Thank you!

Regards,
Nikolai