[U-Boot] SPL variant of sunxi nand module

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 23 13:29:32 UTC 2018

Hi all,

While fighting with this A20-olinuxino nand boot process I've initially
found that some essential nand-related parameters are apparently missing
by default, preventing reasonable nand operation, so I started debugging
this gradually.

 > U-Boot SPL 2019.01-rc2 (Dec 20 2018 - 16:30:46 +0300)
 > CPU: 912000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
 > DRAM: 1024 MiB
 > Trying to boot from NAND

Now I've discovered that SPL-build variant of sunxi_nand module is
missing the sunxi_nand_init() whatsoever. Apparently it is on purpose,
because:

#ifndef CONFIG_SPL_BUILD
         sunxi_nand_init();
#endif

And I cannot simply un-ifdef sunxi_nand_init() here, because the SPL
build would fail with undefined symbol then, but I'm wondering, where
are all values (like ECC strength and such) are expected to come from
instead? Is SPL nand loader is supposed to be usable at all currently?

Thank you,

Regards,
Nikolai