[U-Boot] PPC405EXr / PPC460EX user manuals

Zorg zorgmail at gmx.de
Sat Feb 3 21:23:51 UTC 2018

Dear U-Boot community,

I am looking for the User Manuals of the PPC405EXr and PPC460EX CPUs,
but I can't find them.

There doesn't seem to be a document which fully describes the DDR2
interfaces and the bootstrapping via I2C for example, which is why I am
hoping that it is somewhere in that UM.

They are mentioned in the U-Boot source code all over the place, but
they all seem lost.

E.g., I have no idea how the clock/PLL is initialized in the case of an
i2c bootstrap, as for the "kilauea" board. There is no explicit code
which sets the clocks, it just reads them from a set of registers. So,
what is the connection between a bunch of bytes and a set of registers
and the final clock? Also, what are the default values?

The same goes for the "canyonlands" board.

If somebody could provide them to me, I would be very thankful.

This is for a private project btw.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Daniel