[U-Boot] U-Boot

Nicolas Ferre nicolas.ferre at microchip.com
Tue Feb 13 08:37:26 UTC 2018

On 12/02/2018 at 18:13, Mariano Coromac wrote:
> With that one there is none, I had problems with the other one.

I don't understand this sentence.

> Right now I just want to know how the CONIG parameters like this one:
> CONFIG_8xx_CONS_SMC1=

I don't see such parameter in a sama5d2 xplained .config.

For a sama5d2 xplained board, you can refer to these files for
configuration:
include/configs/at91-sama5_common.h
include/configs/sama5d2_xplained.h
configs/sama5d2_xplained_spiflash_defconfig and other defconfigs
and you can follow the initialization phase from:
board/atmel/sama5d2_xplained/sama5d2_xplained.c

Device tree files are also important:
arch/arm/dts/at91-sama5d2_xplained.dts

> Apply to my SAMA5D2. I already have my debug uart working but not the
> monitor console. Therefore I can't even print 'help'.
> Also, I'm still having trouble with the drivers as you can see above.

On the u-boot-2017.03-at91 branch of our vendor tree, you have an
example of moving the console from one USART to the other with this commit:
74f976f8d1fe714b5b28d450e7213657ca8dd71e
(board: atmel: sama5d2_ptc_ek: use uart0 as console output)

Nicolas Ferre