[U-Boot] How to test new bootloaders on Jetson TX1?

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Thu Feb 15 13:25:16 UTC 2018

Hi Mikko,

Am 15.02.2018 um 08:56 schrieb Mikko Perttunen:
> In the cboot + U-Boot combination, cboot loads U-Boot from the usual
> kernel partition (LNX or kernel depending on system), so flashing U-Boot
> there should do the trick. I believe this did indeed change in some L4T
> version, so the wiki page needs to be updated. Tom should know more
> about this.

Thanks for explaining.

The LNX partition is getting a boot.img - what is the relation to the
four U-Boot files? flash.sh source is not really helping here.

Might any changes to RP1 and/or DTB partitions be necessary to match my
newer U-Boot, or does U-Boot use an internal .dtb these days?

Is there any more efficient way to flash just U-Boot? -k LNX possibly?

I had played with the -L option before (which mentions u-boot-dtb.bin),
but recall it ran into some form of checksum error on boot when passing
it my file...

> I expect Varun to know the details about ATF, but I'll check if I can
> find some answer myself.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Regards,
Andreas