[U-Boot] How to test new bootloaders on Jetson TX1? - ATF

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Fri Feb 16 03:04:23 UTC 2018

Hi Varun,

Am 15.02.2018 um 17:57 schrieb Varun Wadekar:
> Andreas, can you try the TOS packaging script available in our public repo?
>
> http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p=3rdparty/ote_partner/tlk.git;a=blob;f=tools/gen_tos_part_img.py;h=47828f7028e56a6cffb9b773502b13dc431a015e;hb=HEAD

Great, that script does work. It is lacking usage output, but looking at
the code, its arguments were self-documenting.

> Please let me know if this does not work for you.
>
> For the upstream ATF code, our downstream has not caught up with upstream yet, so I am not sure if upstream would directly work for TX1. But its definitely worth a try.

I tried R28.1 flash.sh -k TOS with my ATF v1.4 with Spectre backports,
without SPD. BL31 appears to initialize okay, but later something runs
into an unhandled SMC 0x82000015 - things then go south and it doesn't
reach the Nvidia U-Boot. Serial log attached.

According to
https://github.com/ARM-software/arm-trusted-firmware/blob/master/docs/arm-sip-service.rst
that SMC function ID falls into the SiP range, so indeed something
Nvidia-specific missing in v1.4?

Regards,
Andreas

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/hardware:boot/arm-trusted-firmware-tegra210