[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.03-rc3 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Feb 20 22:03:40 UTC 2018

Hey all,

So, we're a day late.  That's because I wanted the MMC PR to come in for
some important fixes, and it was too late in my day to then push a
release.  I think we probably have a few more fixes that need to come
in, but hopefully no more new regressions to be found.  That said, if
you have your environment, well, anywhere, a little bit of hardware
testing wouldn't hurt.  I think we're still on track for -rc4 on March
5th and the release on March 12th.  But if we aren't, the release will
get delayed.

And on a related note, there has been more feedback on getting going
back to a longer release cycle.  I'm thinking about it and maybe trying
a longer cycle for a few releases to get a feel for everything again.

On a different note, I'm thinking that boards and SoC families, etc,
that have been orphaned for more than a year should probably get
dropped.  I've contacted a few people off-list (which is why we've had a
few pickups of late) for things, but if you know someone that would be
interested in something, please speak up.

Thanks all!

--
Tom