[U-Boot] spi: Zapping non-dm drivers, deadline: v2018.09

Jagan Teki jagan at amarulasolutions.com
Mon Feb 26 14:58:45 UTC 2018

Due to adding various new functionalities with SPI and SPI-FLASH
subsystems which are rounding in Mailing list for year+ [1] these long
term supporting spi driver which never seen any update with
driver-model conversion.

We support to write another stack code for supporting these legacy
stuff, but things become more difficult. So I'm finally giving
deadlines for these drivers to respective driver or board developers
to convert them as soon as possible.

PS: We all agree some special platforms has some difficulties with
dm-conversion let's discuss.

No dm conversion yet:
----------------------------
drivers/spi/cf_spi.c
drivers/spi/fsl_espi.c
drivers/spi/lpc32xx_ssp.c
drivers/spi/mpc8xx_spi.c
drivers/spi/mpc8xxx_spi.c
drivers/spi/mxs_spi.c
drivers/spi/sh_qspi.c
drivers/spi/sh_spi.c
drivers/spi/soft_spi_legacy.c

Partially converted:
-------------------------
drivers/spi/atcspi200_spi.c
drivers/spi/atmel_spi.c
drivers/spi/davinci_spi.c
drivers/spi/fsl_dspi.c
drivers/spi/fsl_qspi.c
drivers/spi/kirkwood_spi.c
drivers/spi/mxc_spi.c
drivers/spi/omap3_spi.c
drivers/spi/ti_qspi.cM

I would like to see these legacy drivers with full dm-conversion or
zapped in v2018.09 version of U-Boot.

[1] http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/PATCH-v10-00-27-dm-Generic-MTD-Subsystem-with-SPI-NOR-interface-td315694i20.html

Jagan.
--
Jagan Teki
Senior Linux Kernel Engineer | Amarula Solutions