[U-Boot] u-boot serial uart command?

Dell Green si.galaxytab7plus1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 19:22:04 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,

Brand new to this mailing list.

I have a Dart-MX6 imx6 Module that has a number of uarts. I have one of
the uarts connected to an external micro controller that excepts
commands via a basic binary messaging protocol. In linux I can
communicate with it using standard linux /dev/ttymxcN device.

In an effort to learn more about u-boot and how it works, I was
wondering if it was possible in u-boot shell to communicate with the
same uart device using the same messaging protocol. I see from the
source code there is code for serial.c and serial_mxc.c, but I'm not an
experienced u-boot developer to know if this is possible and how one
would approach it.

any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.