[U-Boot] u-boot serial uart command?

Lukasz Majewski lukma at denx.de
Mon Jul 9 14:43:12 UTC 2018

Hi Dell,

> Hi Guys,
>
> Brand new to this mailing list.
>
> I have a Dart-MX6 imx6 Module that has a number of uarts. I have one
> of the uarts connected to an external micro controller that excepts
> commands via a basic binary messaging protocol. In linux I can
> communicate with it using standard linux /dev/ttymxcN device.
>
> In an effort to learn more about u-boot and how it works, I was
> wondering if it was possible in u-boot shell to communicate with the
> same uart device using the same messaging protocol.

Have I understood you correctly that you would like to send data to
this device via u-boot shell (like echo "FOO" > /dev/ttySX) ?

As fair as I can tell there are some commands which allow you to
load/send data via uart (like i.e. loadb).

However, I also assume that you would like to keep the "console" and
have the possibility to send data from it to other uart?

To do this you probably would need to:

1. Add new command - e.g. serialfoomagic

2. Setup this extra serial port (in DT for your board) for your iMX
device.

3. Use this command to send data/commands  -> e.g. serialfoomagic cmd1