[U-Boot] ls1021a: problem with errata A009007

Ran Wang ran.wang_1 at nxp.com
Thu Jul 12 08:04:51 UTC 2018

Hi Heiko,

I just re-reverified on  latest upstream U-Boot with LS1021ATWR board. It worked fine.
You might need to know what kind of crash they encountered:

1. That erratum workaround programming will happen before the UART print activated, that means
no log will show when writing those register, how does then know the crash?

2.  Except erratum programming, USB controller (xHCI) will NOT be initialized untill U-Boot command 'usb start'
is executed. That means if user didn't type 'usb start', USB IP will not begin to work at all.

3. Anyway, this erratum is used to pass USB compliance test only, you could disable this workaround
on your board if you don't any USB issue on normal use case, I think it's fine.

Regard,
Ran