[U-Boot] ls1021a: problem with errata A009007

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Thu Jul 12 08:15:20 UTC 2018

Hello Ran Wang,

Am 12.07.2018 um 10:04 schrieb Ran Wang:
> Hi Heiko,

I am sorry ... no debugger there ...

> 1. That erratum workaround programming will happen before the UART print activated, that means
> no log will show when writing those register, how does then know the crash?

Good question ... they removed the erratum_a009007() function, and
SPL / U-Boot booted fine ... but I think currently, the HW is bogus ...
I cannot verify this with the HW i have ...

> 2.  Except erratum programming, USB controller (xHCI) will NOT be initialized untill U-Boot command 'usb start'
> is executed. That means if user didn't type 'usb start', USB IP will not begin to work at all.

Yes, and on the board USB is not used at all...

> 3. Anyway, this erratum is used to pass USB compliance test only, you could disable this workaround
> on your board if you don't any USB issue on normal use case, I think it's fine.

Thanks for your clarification!

bye,
Heiko
Phone: +49-8142-66989-52   Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hs at denx.de