[U-Boot] Enabling certain CONFIGs generating incomplete/invalid ELF binary

Kameron Larsen kroylar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 01:17:38 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I'm using u-boot with a zynq dev board. When I #define CONFIG_LZO,
CONFIG_BZIP2, or CONFIG_LZMA in my board include file the generated elf
file becomes unusable. Xilinx jtag tools can no longer load the file and
report:

    Failed to download u-boot.elf
    incomplete ELF file read

`readelf -t u-boot.elf` reports output like:

    There are 27 section headers, starting at offset 0x2b3694:
    readelf: Error: Reading 0x438 bytes extends past end of file for
section headers

Any ideas what could be happening or how to fix it? I'm at a loss on how to
continue debugging this problem. There are no compile-time warnings or
errors. Any help in the direction I should look would be greatly
appreciated!

-Kameron