[U-Boot] Question related to flash organisation

Christophe LEROY christophe.leroy at c-s.fr
Fri Mar 2 09:53:40 UTC 2018

On my powerpc 8xx board, I have an AM29LV160DB boot flash which is
organised as follows:
- One 16kb block
- Two 8kb block
- One 32kb block
- Thirty one 64kb blocks

At the time being, u-boot is a single piece occupying the 320 first
kbytes, then the environment is stored in the following 64kb block

The environment being quite tiny, I would like to store it in one of the
first small blocks. Is that feasible to have the startup .text stuff in
the first 16k block, then a hole for the environment then the rest of
.text after ?

Christophe