[U-Boot] RPi3 Not autobooting from SD-card. {Scanned}

Göran Lundberg goran at lundberg.email
Fri Mar 2 10:47:33 UTC 2018

Hi!
I'm trying to boot from u-boot on a Raspberry Pi 3. But for some reason
it isn't autobooting on the SD-card.

Is it possible to get more debug output on the screen console? I don't
have a serial console at the moment.
The output on the screen is:

Net:   No ehternet found.
starting USB...
USB:    Core Release 2.80a
scanning bus 0 for devices... 4 USB Devices found
        scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot:   0
U-Boot>

Shouldn't it mention mmc somewhere in the boot message?

The first command I type on the prompt is always failing, it's not
outputting anything. Just a new prompt on the next line. The next
commands i type in are working. Which seems strange.
I got boot.scr set up right, except graphic settings which are wrong. It
is booting the kernel when I type 'run bootcmd'. But only after I type
in another command before it.
It seems like it's not detecting the SD-card (mmc0) until I have typed
anything into the prompt.

Do I have to set any other env variable for it to autoboot? I would have
printed the output of printenv here, but since I don't have a serial
console, retyping everything is very time consuming.
printenv seems to have the right settings. It's basically a full console
screen of variables. It just doesn't seem to load them until I type in
another command before it.

boot_targets=mmc0 usb0 pxe dhcp
Which seems right to me.

I compiled the latest u-boot from github.

If you need more info please let me know and I'll post it.

Hope that anyone can point me in the right direction here. Would really
appreciate it.

Regards
Göran Lundberg

believed to be clean.