[U-Boot] LS1043A-RDB GPIO

Joshua Wallace josh.wallace.agx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:43:42 UTC 2018

Hi experts.
I am new to u-boot and would like to share some concern.
I will use GPIO on a custom board based on LS1043A so for now I’m using the
NXP LS1043ARDB.
When I enable GPIO in configs/ls1043ardb_defconfig cmd/gpio.c does not
compile because of a strange inclusion.

1) My code is based on the u-boot-fsl-qoriq custodian tree but the issue
seems to have global scope since the involved piece of code
exists in the mainline repository.

2) Enabling GPIO in configs/ls1043ardb_defconfig

CONFIG_DM_GPIO=y
CONFIG_LS1043A_GPIO=y
CONFIG_CMD_GPIO=y

3) Compilation output

In file included from cmd/gpio.c:13:0:
./arch/arm/include/asm/gpio.h:4:27: fatal error: asm/arch/gpio.h: No such
file or directory
 #include <asm/arch/gpio.h>
                           ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [cmd/gpio.o] Erreur 1
make: *** [cmd] Erreur 2

Using find command on the u-boot root it looks like the file really does
not exist.

4) If I disable this file inclusion (#if(0)…#endif) everything seems to
work fine and I may access the only GPIO + led of my board
I would like to ask if I’m missing something or if this code may be a
legacy code.

Thanks in advance.
J.W.