[U-Boot] imx: get_ticks in syscounter.c get miscompiled by GCC 6

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Mar 7 14:27:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 10:42:44AM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Yasushi ,
>
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 2:57 AM, Yasushi SHOJI <yasushi.shoji at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you guys really want to put volatile on all of these now?
> > We are at rc4 and Tom is planing to cut the release
> > March 12th.
>
> This can be done at a later step.

Yes.  And it should be a little bit manual too.  For example, using your
regex (thanks!) I see we have some powerpc code that's doing
asm("eieio") and that should be eieio() (which is in turn an asm
volatile ...), as well as some sync;isync or just sync/isync that should
be sync();isync(); or similar.  And people that know x86 might have some
useful comments there too.

> > I'm attaching a tentative patch to fix only syscounter.c.
> > If it looks good, I'l resend it by git-send-email.
>
> Patch looks good. Make sure to add your Signed-off-by line, then you
> can send it via git send-email.

Yes please, thanks!

--
Tom