[U-Boot] How to access non Ethernet PHY from U-boot

Greg silver.surfertab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 03:05:58 UTC 2018

Hi,
I have a CFP module which is interfaced on the MDIO bus of NXP MPC8308
controller. I want to access the CFP module registers from u-boot using
'mii' command, as of now the 'mii info' is not listing this device which
has address '6' in the MDIO bus.

In the case of Ethernet PHY I would go to drivers/net/tsec.c and add the
structure info in 'struct phy_info *phy_info[]' for the probe function to
detect it.

A CFP module follows MDIO  interface definition in IEEE 802.3 Clause 45,
http://www.cfp-msa.org/Documents/CFP_MSA_MIS_V2p2r06a.pdf

Any help is appreciated.
Greg